Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I'm so Excited!

I love color! I love watching it flow down a piece of paper, leaving traces of itself behind. While I've picked up tidbits from friends and books I've read, I don't feel that I have the mastery I would love to have. I marvel at Eva Macie's and Patricia Bohannon's knowledge of color.

Exploration of Circles in gouache by Karen Phillips
I'm so excited! Today I found some online courses that I believe will help me take my use of color and design to the next level. Myron Barnstone offers a several online classes (and DVDs) that are just what I have been looking for. I'll keep you posted as to my progress.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Karen I love your sharing your images and thought processes through blogging! I know what you mean when you have an idea of what you want to accomplish but are not achieving it. Look forward to seeing what you experience this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ruth. I feel like I'm starting my first day of school this morning. Now where did I put my lunchbox?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen - I love color too! I look forward to hearing about your class adventures and seeing your colorful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Christine. Right now I'm collecting bottles to begin the homework.

    ReplyDelete